Why Do We Sleep & Dream?
• 2:45PM – 3:50PM: See a real student’s brain reacting live to
• relaxation techniques
• 4PM – 5:00PM: Rafael Pelayo, MD will be presenting his talk “Why We Sleep & Dream”
• 5PM – 5:30PM: Q & A session
• FREE delicious healthy food will be provided!
• Using his biofeedback equipment, Dr. Howard will record a student volunteer’s brain data, and demonstrate the effects of relaxation techniques. He will include a relaxation training session and do a demonstration of a “brain-computer interface.” The MRI results will be shown live to the audience.
• Following the MRI demonstration, the talk by sleep expert Rafael Pelayo will begin. Dr. Pelayo is a physician at Stanford Sleep Disorder Clinic and Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science at Stanford University School of Medicine. He is the co-author of “Dement’s Sleep & Dreams”, an Amazon best-seller.
Additional ResourcesFacebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/119107261800835/
More Links: http://wellness.sa.ucsb.edu/sleep.aspx